Thursday, June 23, 2011

I couldn't stay away

I had so much fun catching up that I'm back again this week to share a recipe!  It's been a very rainy week so I have certainly had a little more down time and what better way to spend it than cooking.  This cobbler recipe was given to me several years ago by Grandma Jody-a shout out to her is well deserved as she has given me several very yummy recipes over the years.  This is a wonderfully easy cobbler that is just different enough from the boring old fruit with oatmeal crust cobbler, and easy enough to make for any last minute summer barbecues your headed to. 

Holden likes his with ice cream, but it is truly sweet enough to stand alone.



{don't tell but we also like to eat it for breakfast, minus the ice cream of coarse...}

Pineapple Blueberry Cobbler

In a greased 9x13 pan layer:

1. Dole crushed pineapple 20 oz.
(drained lightly)

2.  3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

3.  Dry yellow cake mix

4.  2 sticks butter melted

5.  6 oz. chopped pecans

6.  crumble brown sugar on top

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes(check at 35)

So, while I'm on a role I thought I would also share what I'm cooking this week for dinner.  Many blogs are so great about sharing menu ideas which I always appreciate and I thought I would do the same here.  Ideally this would be on a Monday...shall we pretend...

Monday: Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce + fruit salad{Pioneer Woman}-I cheated and used store bought pesto.

Tuesday: Tex Mex Cheesesteaks + Chips + Salad{ Rachel Ray}-I use roast beef instead steak-umm scares me.

Wednesday: Chicken Tacos + black beans and rice

Thursday: Lemon Linguine with Grilled Chicken {Cup-a Cup-a}

Friday: Breakfast Burritos { Pioneer Woman}


3 comments:

Jody B. said...

Glad you enjoyed the cobbler again! I made YOUR Shrimp Scampi recipe last night. Delicious! The recipe says it serves 6. Three of us finished it all off!!

Jenny said...

Um how do you get your boys to eat all that yummy food? Mine would be requesting chicken nuggets and applesauce every time. Sigh. I am going to check out one of those Pioneer Woman books, you have inspired me!

Love all the work Todd has been doing. New yards are so exciting. Done any work on the kitchen? Just curious.

Lisa Van Ahn said...

YAH! Summer posts!