my mom needs to come and visit again because I am stuck. This is as far as I have gotten on my living room, with a lot of help. At this point I need to paint, find a rug, window coverings, and art work. All the really hard stuff, but I am happy at the direction it is going-tell me what you think mom. this is my "spot" to drink coffee and read magazines.
A great place to have my computer because I can see out the front windows when the kids are outside. Love the white buffet from the Brass Armadillo-love the Armadillo!
Red chest that I got when mom last visited-my signature piece :)
This is the fabric that I fell in love with several months ago. Mom just sent the skirt she made for my bench in the family room-adorable. Thanks mom!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Jody were here last weekend installing the workbench Bruce built for Todd(Jody wasn't installing-she was keeping me company!) It is seriously beautiful-can a workbench be beautiful? I guess it can to someone who appreciates a space to work. I'm thinking about stealing it for scrapbooking. A tall stool, a peg board and some bins-scraps heaven. I don't think Todd will be giving it up anytime soon, he is pretty happy to have a place for tools and all the projects I have lined up for him.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
- She came to visit because I have kids and it is hard for me to get on an airplane
- She tried really hard to just smile in this picture even though it is totally against her nature(ever since I can remember she has always made silly faces for the camera. Proof-check out the next photo)
- She always brings me outcasts from her closet that become the best treasures in mine
- She sends me her movie rental list before she arrives
- Sitting around the county club pool feels totally natural in her presence, in fact a cabana boy would not make the moment strange at all-we deserve to be fanned.
- A strong drink, good nibbles and conversation is always a fantastic time.
- She's girly. She always has time for hair talk.
- She talks about raiding the fridge for left over pizza before bed.
- She loves my kids and dog even when they are annoying
- She is always incredibly generous, especially with her words.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Asher has finally reached what he feels is "big boy" status. It seems like he has been waiting a long time to finally be three, and I can't believe it's already here. I have definitely been trying to get all the hugs I can this week. He is probably tired of all my groping, but I am trying to burn the feeling of his little arms around me into my brain forever. So, Happy Birthday to my precious big boy ninja turtle who tells me I am his beautiful princess every morning. He assures me he will fight all the bad guys that are out to get me and I believe him!
The best part about being back home is for times like this. Being apart from my very most cherished friend Becca was always especially hard when we were celebrating our boy's birthdays. I am crying right now-I'm such a dork-but she is my sister through and through. I adore her kids and husband and really don't know what I would do without her. Thanks Bec for being you and being such a great friend to me.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
I only have a few birthday tricks up my sleep and I used them all for the ninja party. You've all seen these tricks before, but I just crack myself up when I do this stuff . I just never get tired of putting my kid's and dog's head in silly places(I'm easily entertained). Anyways, Asher liked them and that makes me so happy :)