Wednesday, January 30, 2013

it's a rainy day

I pray, I pray, that Knoxville's rainy season has come early-we are getting some serious rain, which makes me seriously unwilling to leave my house{mainly because I don't have to}. Sloan and I stayed in pajamas until after noon{I know!} and while I cleaned and roasted a chicken{because I had nothing better to do}, he had fun with some already forgotten Christmas gifts.

Today I played with him.  Sometimes I really have to take a couple deep breaths to play.  House work can keep me pretty distracted from having fun.   I know I'm not the only mom who reminds herself how fast this stage will go, how quickly he won't want me around. How it's important to enjoy these little moments.  I find myself already saddened by the speed at which Holden and Asher's preschool days went.  Remember when  your whole life revolved around nap time-I already refer to them as the good old days.  Today I reminded myself that I still have a preschooler{!}, we don't have to be sick to stay home.  We can just be sleepy, and play, and not watch the clock.  

So on second thought, I don't hope that Knoxville's rainy season ends soon.   In fact, I think I'm going to start wishing for more rain, more chances to forget what time it is, and more time to just play.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good for you Sarah! Enjoy every rainy day you can! Before you know it, school will be out for the summer.