Monday, December 5, 2011

gettin merry up in here


The tree is up, the garland is hung, it's beginning to feel a little like Christmas{it's 65 degrees today}.  I even finally got my act together and the Advent calender is out{3 days late but who's counting...Holden was}.  I know I've gone on and on before about the Advent calender, but I love it.  I virtually do the same things every year{that's what a tradition is right?} and the morning I give the yearly ornament is one of my favorites. 

Is it just me, or are cute ornaments hard to find?  I mean, this is important stuff people.  My children compare and take inventory against each other while they trim the tree.  My ornament hunt is not something I take lightly.  This year  I found three cute little puppies and the boys thought it was pretty funny that I thought these little stuffed dogs were a representation of their personalities.  The one with curly matted hair is certainly Holden, preppy puppy is without a doubt Asher and the floppy eared goofy pup is Sloan.  See what I mean, no need to mark them with initials, I'll never have a problem remembering who these belong to ;)

2 comments:

Becca said...

well...you can feel good about something...you weren't the last person to pull out the advent calendar...that would be me! And, I'm not even doing that one this year...they're getting a lift-the-flap version because I just didn't get it together. BAD Mom!

I LOVE the doggie ornaments! You're right, finding cute ornaments is a toughy...but you always pull through! Love you!

Jenny said...

Way cute ornaments and I adore that advent. I think of it each year I pull my boring one out.