Thursday, September 24, 2009

trying to find what works part 2: sometimes i don't answer the phone

You may already know this about me, but sometimes I have a hard time answering the phone. I realize many people think stay at home moms have nothing better to do than chit chat, and sometimes you know what-that is exactly what I choose to do. BUT I have found that in this crazy little life I get about ONE choice a day that is all MY OWN and sometimes I just can't choose the phone. Sometimes I want to read the new Better Homes and Garden, sometimes I want to eat lunch sitting down and sometimes I want to finally get the flowers I purchased in the morning into a vase by 9 at night. At times I wish I was the person who could talk on the phone, grocery shop and discipline their kids all at the same time, but I am not. I am the person who needs a break, tries endlessly to be as efficient as possible, who starts dreaming about bed time at 3 in the afternoon, and who can't talk on the phone while her house is melting down.

So I am sorry for not answering when you call, it is not because I don't love you. It is only because I am busy putting wet clothes in the dryer, while thinking about how I need to empty the dishwasher and start dinner, trying not to forget what I meant to write down on my Costco list and yelling at my oldest to comb his hair before the bus, reminding my middle that the "penis pocket" goes in front(you know-on underwear) and suggesting to the baby that he will not waste away if he has to wait just 30 more seconds for his bottle. I will try my hardest to call you back, although likely not today because the Pottery Barn catalog just arrived in the mail.

2 comments:

Lisa Van Ahn said...

Seriously Sarah...Are you making money yet off your blog? It is the best and your writing is engaging and fun and I can't believe I went all summer without checking it. DOH!

Lisa-

Jenny said...

I thought I was the only one who did that, my hubby gets so mad at me when I don't answer, oh well, like you said, it's my choice!