Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a favorite of mine

One of my most favorite holiday decorations are white lights. I think they rank right up there with candle light to add atmosphere and ambiance to your home. I practically use them for all holidays and find myself filling glass containers with them even after the new year for something pretty inside when it looks so awful outside. I will decorate my whole house for Christmas and inevitably it will be this simple idea that gets the most comments.
I don't have Christmas stuff out yet so this looks a little pathetic, but you get the idea. Fill with something fun like colored bulbs or silver stars, add lights and your done. This is certainly a project you can find things around the house for-even get the kids out there to collect pine cones and rocks.

I am going to try something a little different with this lantern. I bought some paper to mod podge onto the glass, add some embellishments, put in lights and hopefully have something fun for Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

Can't wait to see the lantern!!! I too love white lights....so happy and perky!!
Love your blog!
Mama Holli

Reid said...

I LOVE white lights too! I'm a freak about them!
Your baby is too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like white lights too and love what you've done with these. Pretty!

pk @ Room Remix