Friday, December 18, 2009

I'll second that

Every year the gift I struggle with the most is always for the teachers. As Becca put it on her blog(visit here)-dreaded. I love the teachers, but let's face it....I don't know them well enough to know what they like and there is a fine line as to what is appropriate. Plus in my little head I only have a small library of ideas to choose from.

I am going with boring, but appreciated gift cards. In my previous life I worked with Sheri, a seriously creative girl, who opened my eyes to the art of wrapping. No matter how small the gift, the way she wrapped it up made you feel extra special.

Last year I made these ornaments, so I went with them again(like I said-small archives in this brain). Then, earlier this season I saw The Nester's post on her ragamuffin garland and never got around to doing it on a big scale, instead I used the idea for wrapping.









7 comments:

Becca said...

Very cute...I see you even worked in your cardboard and twine! Love it!! Well, now I know what I'm doing next year to embelish the giftcard!

Murillo Family said...

I would have loved to receieve this as a teacher-great idea.

Heather said...

I am visiting from Kimba's. These are very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Ok- Saving this. I havent done ANY wrapping yet, and I would love to add these to my wrapping this year! thanks for sharing!

Sheri said...

This is a version I haven't seen. I like it better than the other one I'm familiar with. Thanks for sharing! I've posted a link on childmade.com.

Anonymous said...

i love it! and will be making some for next year! i made some cute paper ords and forgot to do a post on them! maybe next year! thanks for sharing! i will be back to visit!

Charity said...

These are so sweet. I love that I could make them and never have to go buy anything. MERRY CHRISTMAS