Monday, May 10, 2010

Well, this might be my last post for a while. We are headed toward our last week in DM. The packers come next Monday and the truck will be loaded on Tuesday. Then we all head to Kentucky(get ready Scott!) until we get possession of our house on June 1st. Things are a little crazy at the moment. Sloan's 1st birthday party is planned for Sunday morning. Who the heck plans a party right before they are moving across the country? It's a low key event, but you know I can't keep myself from crafting. This is the beginning of my edible table scape. I know, it looks like my preschooler painted it, but I had fun.
Behold my packing station. Today I just circled the house trying to figure out what to put in here for the couple of weeks we are in limbo. So far all I have gathered is bathing suits and sunscreen. sigh.



We spent Mother's Day at the zoo. These two look like they brushed their hair with pillows. #37 on my to do list this week is hair cuts.

I was lucky enough to be treated to breakfast out for Mother's Day by my Dad, but one thing I love about being a mother is baking for a small crowd who appreciates yummy coffee cake. I am on a quest to use up everything in the freezer and I always have too many bags of blackberries. Holden pretty much talks about how wonderful I am all day when I make this. I envision lots of opportunities to bake for my boys and their packs of grungy little boy friends. I will love every minute of it.

Look at this baby...who isn't such a baby anymore. He has started walking and today he seems to have made major progress. He is taking more than ten steps and he is super proud of himself. I love you baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep your family in my prays. All the boys are getting SO big! Madison & I will be waiting to hear all about your new adventures. Wishing you lots of luck! Tina & Madi

Jenny said...

sniff sniff, sigh, Sloany is so big, so cute and so proud to have a mommy who is willing to have a party for him before the big move. THe barn painting is so stinkin cute. And I miss those coffee cakes. Good luck on your move. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am super excited you get some KY time, wish I was there with you. Love that place.