Friday, April 6, 2012

random: catching up before moving on

The title says it all.  This is a complete and utter random post of things I have been meaning to share for quite a while...

Not doing so well on my New Years resolutions.  Despite the fact that I bought ballet shoes, I have yet to be able to make the adult evening class.  I blame the hectic basketball schedule this winter for throwing me off. 

I have however become a Zumba fan.  Think about trying it, it's pretty fun to shake what your mama gave ya.

 Back in February I was fortunate enough to take part in a wonderful woman's retreat with these lovely ladies.  We headed up top Gatlinburg for a few nights and it was fabulous to get away.  It was the first time Todd had spent a couple days with the boys by himself.  He did great, the boys did great, as I see it, I should be able to get away by myself more often. 

 Holden had his second grade musical in March.  It was so much fun to watch.  We are still singing the songs{that Holden claims to have lip synced-a seriously eight year old boy thing to do} about the big bad squirrels.

Grammy and Papa took care of the boys while Todd and I were in the Bahamas last month.  This picture was taken AFTER we got back and everyone is able to smile.  Impressive!

Much to our surprise we had a frequent visitor to our pond earlier this spring. This is one big bird fishing in a very small pond.  The odds were in his favor for sure.  He showed up about once a week and we were certain he had demolished our fish population, but low and behold they survived{he is clearly not the fisherman I took him for}. I think we can plan on seeing this big 'ol Heron again next year.


Holden was chosen to be part of the school art show although I am still wondering where the show part of it was.  It was not actually at the school, but at a pizza restaurant where the art teacher hung the artwork on the wall behind the booths.  A head scratcher to say the least, but I'm still prouder than proud.  He really makes some wonderful pieces, especially with pastels which were always my favorite to work with as well.

My last bit of randomness is to vent my frustration a bit with my youngest child.  He has no interest in "going" on the big potty, yet insists that I change his diaper every time he takes even the littlest pee in it.  I am slowly being driven insane.

All right, that's it. Ahh, I feel better releasing that all from my brain.  Time to focus on some projects.

Happy Easter!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are so funny. I am wanting to try zumba too but I do not have any time to go. Boo! I love HOlden's pic, elephants, I shouldn't be surprised! Glad to know he still likes them! My 3 year old will not go potty at all and he doesn't care about sitting in stinky wet nasty diapers, so it could be worse!