Thursday, May 24, 2012

a new favorite

This morning I had the boys journal what they liked about summer and why.  If I were making my list ,basil would be near the top.  Probably behind watermelon{we eat one every other day practically} but ahead of the swimming pool{is it just me or would the pool be much less stressful if we had eyeballs in the back of our heads and five arms}.

A garden is on my list of things to do{in the next couple of years}, but in the meantime I just grow my herbs in pots.  Basil always, Rosemary for sure, this year Oregano too.

My favorite summer sandwich goes like this:
crusty bread {buttered to toast}
a smear of pesto{store bought will do}
a smear of goat cheese
lots o basil
sliced tomato 


 {boy tomato-get ready for a close up.  I'm not messing around with the zoom}
It was love at first sight. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds so delish. I love tomato more than anything. I guess that's why we get along so well... tomato+basil=perfect! I am going to try this, I have to try to find a vegan sub for the cheese though. Maybe vegan cream cheese? I adore pesto too. Yummers.