Monday, November 5, 2012

it's all good

 
Around here when you're three a certain book becomes your favorite.  Sloan has reached that milestone and that means we read "It's a Good Thing" a lot and then a few more times.
 
It's just a silly little book with cute pictures.  It says things like..."It's a good thing...porcupines don't like to hug" and "It's a good thing...storks don't get confused". 
 
 

 
 
 I
If I were writing the "It's a Good Thing" book my pages would sound something like this today.
 
It's a good thing...Sloan isn't a twin.
 
It's a good thing...jeans aren't the only option my boys have for long pants.
 
It's a good thing...Home Goods has everything I need because it's all I can afford.
 
 
Home Goods.  Yes, that place is a good thing and it's a good thing I went there last week because I dismantled my master bathroom *again* which means I took down the plates that had no business being there in the first place.  I re-painted, I re-purposed, I re-did it one. more. time.  Home Goods was wonderful enough to have just the little cubby thing I wasn't looking for and  I had all the things to fill it with.  I have had all these little tchotchkes for a long time.  A few antiques my mom has passed down, a heart collection from my dad. Things I have cherished and had no place to display until now.  I don't know if it's the best thing for above the toilet, but I am certain it looks better than the plates
 
 
Good-bye plates.  You were not a good thing.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I need that shelf {sans the mirror} for the boys' bedroom!! Looks cute!