Friday, July 17, 2009

A small motherhood dream of mine has come true. Holden is able to ride his bike along with me while I walk my three mile loop. This is something I have been looking forward to for a long time. For a while I have just felt like the police/chauffeur/chef etc.. and walking along while he rides and goofs around on his bike seems like it has opened up a new chapter in our relationship. In his eyes we are on an adventure exploring areas he has only driven by, and for me it is sharing something with him that I love to do and having some distance to appreciate the boy he has became. Kindergarten is just around the corner for Holden and I have always said I will be dancing in the streets. I understand those mothers crying at the bus stop-it won't be me-but I had my bittersweet moment with him while walking down NW 70th street. He is a strong, confident and enthusiastic boy who will need me less and less. Our relationship will change and he will want different things from me I am excited to change right along with him.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Stop it! I am crying for you!