Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The cliff hanger

Don't you love miracles!? Oh I adore the really big ones.  Cancer cured, babies fighting all the odds, long lost reunions. Nature, there's one of my favorites that always leaves me in awe of how God works. He is a great and mighty God. We can look around, watch the news, read the books that recount His amazing acts and praise Him, but it's the little miracles that make me feel closest to Him.

I mentioned he was preforming miracles in my life.  My sweet Becca is waiting for the big reveal(the cliff hanger-makes me smile), but it's not big, it's very small and to many not a miracle at all.

I have met people. I know, sounds silly, but if you have ever moved you understand what I'm talking about.  I've met people...people that I want to know better.  God has put me in front of, around and in the middle of passionate people.

 The miracle is really that He helped me get so low, to get me to listen, to help me be present, to take notice of, all that He was going to put in my path. 

Had I not been so desperately sad and talking to Him constantly, I may have missed Him saying"GO!", or "THAT'S THE ONE!", WRITE THAT EMAIL NOW SARAH!", "WALK IN, SMILE AND KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!" God and me in the moment...now there's a gift.

Don't get me wrong, he has done this countless times right, in your life and in mine.  I think of my beloved playgroup in Cincinnati, boy was that group of women important to me.  They were exactly what I needed, but I didn't have the awareness of God's gift, and in that I'm not sure I was able to fully appreciate that time together.  I look back and see the plan, that is good, yet being able to see it as it unfolds leaves me in awe.

So there are people, women, who have been kind and generous and inspiring.    Women who have surprised me and made me feel at home.  Women who have got me thinking and wondering about myself.  And best of all, women who have me thanking God for His little miracles.


"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so happy for you Sarah, that you found people, friends. As someone who has moved a lot and is about to embark on another move I know how important it can be to find friends. Somehow it feels harder the older I get.

The Jeremiah scripture is one of my favorites and one I repeat quite often to myself, especially right now. It's one I'm saying so often to my family that my husband has started to say it as well.

Becca said...

I don't understand...it seems pretty big to me :)! I'm so happy you've found people...friends...in TN. It's a great gift. No miracle is small! Love to you!