Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shlumpadinka makeover

Asher doesn't take fashion advise from anybody. He's been wearing socks on his hands all week. He will risk a fashion police violation all in the name of fun!

I'm not kidding when I say to cope I am shopping. Actually Oprah inspired me to get out and freshen up my "look". Last week she had a shlumpadinka(frumpy chic) intervention show. In the past I have watched these shows and felt sorry for the poor souls who have let themselves go-what a waste of a perfectly good woman. This time as I watched and glanced down at what I was wearing(my sweats from my a.m. workout, my hair in a ponytail, and smeared makeup)I felt sorry for MY poor soul. Is it really so bad outside that I have decided it is not even worth dressing and doing my hair for? Well...yes actually it is, but that is no excuse. I took notes of the show, and vowed to get myself together for spring. This is what I learned.

1. Apparently scarfs are in this year. I rushed right out and bought two(black and yellow). I will probably only have a millisecond this spring to wear them, as it will go from freezing cold to steamy hot in a twelve hour span. But it is a fun and cheap accessory according to Oprah.-done

2. Yoga pants aren't only for Yoga. I guess you can dress them up with flats. Now this is something I can commit to. So I bought black yoga pants at Old Navy(the only store I can afford to shop at) and shiny black flats at Target-done

3. Color will freshen up your old sorry soul. I'm obsessed with anything green-done







3 comments:

Kristin said...

I watched that show too! I have my list ready to go. Now I just need some time to go out and shop :)

Jenny said...

OK I missed the show and I have always admired your style so don't be too hard on yourself! You are a beautiful wonderful lay-day!

Satunas4 said...

What happened on Wed and Thur? I love reading your blog.. You are so funny. And oh how I can relate. :)