Tuesday, August 24, 2010

tomato-ricotta tart

I am running out of time! I meant to post this recipe early in the summer, but Labor day is just around the corner.  This is one of my all time favorite Martha recipes.  This is a great side to dish to make with simple grilled meat and a big salad or cut it into small pieces and take to a pot luck.  It is also a great dish for all your home grown tomatoes and basil. 

Tomato Ricotta Tart:



1.Reheat oven to 450.  In a 9-inch springform pan, toss 2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs with 1/4 cup olive oil; press evenly into bottom. 2. In a bowl, whisk 1 cup whole-milk ricotta with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 2 large eggs, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread over crust; arrange 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced beefsteak tomatoes on top. Brush with olive oil. 3. Bake until tomatoes are mostly dry, 35to45 minutes;let cool. unmold. Serve warm or room temperature.

Enjoy!

notes: when I make fresh bread crumbs I sometimes use a rosemary bread loaf to add a little flavor to the crust.  I also salt the crumbs generously. I also add a lot more basil than she suggests.  


I am linking up here!



3 comments:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

That is a lovely recipe for these last days of summer - especially with all the wonderful tomatoes in season! Thanks for sharing it.

SnoWhite said...

what a great way to use my tomatoes!

Pam said...

Way to go! It looks delicious and I love Martha!