Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the return...

OMG! We are back from Des Moines and let me tell you, it is going to take a while for me to organize myself, my house, my kids, my thoughts.  We had a great couple of weeks in Iowa doing all of our favorite things with a lot of our favorite people.  We can't wait to do it again next year(it will take that long for my dad to offer to drive us back!).

So, yesterday was meet the teacher for Holden and this morning he headed off to school.  He has been apprehensive to say the least all summer about a new school, but after checking out Rocky Hill and seeing his classroom he was excited to start.  This morning I could not have been more proud of him as he walked into the building with his head held high, his Rocky Hill Rams shirt on, and a serious 1st grader face.  I think it will be a great year for him.

Here are a few pictures of our trip.  I am spending the rest of the week trying to unfrazzle my brain.  Hopefully I will back to blogging some projects soon...

It was sooo nice to be back in our old neighborhood.  Asher looks pretty darn ecstatic to see Michael doesn't he. 


Holden and his old neighborhood BFF Drake.

Oh my...little(chubbers) Eden


A trip to a Cubbies game always a must.


I had a chance to search for junk in the microscopic town of Perry


 Water park fun with Drake and Kate.

Holden and I went to the Iowa State Fair

Not that I was ever thinking of having a forth, but looking at several sows in labor sealed the deal big time.  Way to reminiscent of Sloan's epidural free birth-ugg

the famous butter cow

We went to the fair on the hottest day of the summer-Holden didn't notice and I almost burst into flames.  For the record I am never getting on a Ferris wheel or roller coaster-this "ride" almost induced an anxiety attack.

A morning of fun with Becca, Eden and the boys.  So much fun!

Headed back to Tn.  This was after 11 hours.  They still look pretty fresh don't they.  Everyone did a great job keeping themselves together on a 14.5 hour trip.



The man who made it all possible

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah! I missed you. Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the butter cow pic, I've always wanted to go see that. But I am dying to know, did you get any good junk!?

Becca said...

Thank you Frank! Good to have you back for a few weeks