Tuesday, September 21, 2010

(mis)treatments

We had recessed lighting put in the basement(we are totally on a kick) and now I have painted the walls.  If you ever saw our house in Johnston you will recognize the color scheme.  the boys bedroom was green and blue.  We had purchased a blue couch while in that house to match.  When you buy a blue couch you commit, like there is no turning back, so now the basement is reminding use of our old house. 

My laundry hole, I mean, room is down there and I want it pretty.  the actual space isn't on our list to update anytime soon, but I found fabric to cover the doorway.The problem is I don't sew.

Enter  The Nester.  She has been made famous in blog land for her no sew window treatments.  If she can do it, I can do it. So, with my mother's over the phone instructions I am determined to get two panels made. 

No need to make a pocket for a rod, I'm using clips.  Iron on stitch witchery and I think I'm good to go.  I'll post pictures later this week.  I feel like I'm going on a major adventure.  Hopefully one that didn't just cost me 80$ for nothing. 
 before...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the paint colors and the fabric. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Becca said...

Hurry, hurry....need an after! Love the fabric! Way cute!

Becca said...

And, it's not a hole, it's a nook...and it will be adorable!