Monday, September 12, 2011

Making That Again Monday

I'm afraid this post is a little too late. Are tomatoes still on the vine in your garden?  It has stayed nice and warm here, so silly me to consider the end of growing season.  This is a super yummy grilled tomato recipe that will be great on the last of those summer tomatoes, or save it for next year :)  


 Grilled Tomatoes with Oregano and Lemon{martha stewart everyday food}:

Heat a grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon each finely grated lemon zest and lemon juice, 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves, and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.  Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Clean and lightly oil hot grill.  Halve 4 large tomatoes crosswise and brush cut sides with olive oil.   Place cut side down on grill. Grill until lightly charred, about 4 minutes.  With a metal spatula, flip tomatoes and grill until skins blister and begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes.  Transfer tomatoes to a serving platter, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oregano-lemon oil.  Serve warm or room temperature.

Enjoy!

I also wanted to share with you the progress we have made on the back yard(which for three months had been none!)this weekend.  Now that the weather has stayed out of the 90s, we thought it was safe to(finally)plant grass seed.  The boys, big and little, worked two very long days to get this done.  The seed, fertilizer and hay are down, now I pray that nature takes over with a little help from my constant watering.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I have that same recipe clipped and saved ready to use when/if my tomatoes ever ripen up. I love tomatoes they are one of my favorite foods so I cannot wait to try these. Hope you get some rain for that grass seed! Is that a little garden area? How Martha of you!

Becca said...

Yummy! Looks good...and I love that it was Monday so I knew you'd have a lovely little post about food {even if I waited to comment until Tues!}. Backyard is looking good! I thought you got rid of the pond?