1. It sucks.
2. The only thing that sells a house is the PRICE.
3. You have to pack up all your crap(by crap I mean all the little things you love and adore and make your house fun). When you think you have decluttered enough, go back and fill two more rubber maid containers, then you are actually done.
5. Then you must live like you didn't have a wedding, or kids, or any relatives. Depersonalizing is really hard for mothers who love their baby's faces.
6. You must try anything to manipulate emotions. I don't know what fresh flowers really say? "You can have spring all year long if you live in this house" or "this house grows it's own bouquets" I hope it doesn't say "Costco is the only good place to buy flowers and it is a 20 minute drive to the west side from Johnston".
7. Little boys should not be forced to live in houses that are for sale. But, if the unfortunate happens then they must be strapped into the minivan to watch a movie 45 minutes prior to a showing so that you can actually get the house picked up without your head literally spinning off your shoulders.