Monday, January 30, 2012

making that again monday

I'm not exactly sure what happened to me last week.  I was here, doing my usual weekly stuff, but sometimes I just don't have it in me to blog.  Maybe the sun wasn't shining enough or something, but it's not unheard of me to not have much to say at the end of January.  I got Asher back to school on Tuesday, I turned 38 on Thursday, and I worked on our master bathroom on Friday. More on all those things a little later...

I finally had a chance to watch Pioneer Woman's cooking show and I loved it.  It was like watching her blog come to life.  She is fun and I like her even more now than I did before.  It inspired me to open up her cookbook again and dig into some country cooking along with some recipes that{again}remind me of summer{I had to make my own sunshine last week}.


 I could have stopped this recipe right here.
However, it is worth serving on bread.  Yummers! {recipe here}
I'll tell you what, this time of year is a struggle for me on a couple levels.  We all know I struggle just a little bit with turning yet another year older{I'm getting better at it though}, and then there's the cold that I am not a particular fan of{although it's been lovely here} and then there's the dreaded Valentines candy. It gets me every.single.time.  I've got to tell you, I am a wimp for cinnamon hearts.  I literally cannot pass by them without putting them into my buggy{I love saying buggy, it's so southern and sounds totally weird coming out of my mouth, mainly because I don't have a twang and also because I had no idea what the heck it meant when I moved here, but love it when everyone-here in Knoxville says it-so I'm going to as well}.  I have been really good about sugar for the past several months.  I swore off most desserts since the end of summer{don't get me wrong, I don't pass up birthday cake}, but the minute Valentine's Day candy arrived in the store I have been bad, bad, bad.  I will however share with you what will get me back on track...bathing suit shopping.  And if that is not torture enough...jean shopping.  I know.  Two of the very worst shopping thingies to shop for.  So that's where I'm at today, looking at cinnamon hearts and thinking about putting my booty into something very revealing or something possibly very tight. 

I saw something on the today Show several weeks ago about exercising your will power like a muscle.  Mine is going to get a work out from now to Easter{hello Cadbury Eggs}.

Have a great Monday! I'm off to "flex" and take some pictures of the bathroom vanity.  I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just knew you'd love her show. I love it too. Isn't her hubby dreamy? Gosh, I'd give up city living too if he was in the picture! I checked out her book from the library and I didn't buy it because so many of her recipes are meaty. I am moving far away from meat, just me, not my family too much so I don't make many of her recipes, but I love her nonetheless.

Happy Birthday you stinker! I didn't know it was Thursday. I hope it was happy and you were pampered as only a true princess should be.

As for those hearts, I love those too. I haven't bought any yet and I am trying so hard not to, conversation hearts are calling me. Grr! You always look fabulous, so don't worry about bathing suits or jeans, I agree, those are the absolute worst things to shop for, hands down. The worst.

P.S. isn't everything better on bread?